Re: Oracle 8i running Stand alone

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 05:56:01 +0200

To test the connection, use the tnsping utility. In a dos box, type tnsping <service name>.
If you are using net easy config, and setup a tcp/ip connection, the only thing you need to do is add a service, choose the tcp/ip protocol, specify the host name, specify a port (usually 1521) and specify the SID of the database.
Or post your net 8 and sqlnet config files and the group will resolve it.

Hth,
--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA