newbie question: Oracle Lite

From: Bruce Van Horn <bvanhorn_at_flash.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 15:40:16 -0500

My team is writing some software that runs against an Oracle database. The customer wants to be able to run the application in the field on laptops that have no network connection.

I read some of the pages on Lite out on the Oracle web site and it sounds ideal, but first, I don't see any pricing information, and second I'm not sure how it would work, other than there's an OCX that is supposed to handle replication.

Can anyone give some insights on how well this works? My only other alternative is exporting data out to a desktop database like access and that's not exactly my favorite choice. Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 15:40:16 CDT