Oracle 8i running Stand alone

From: Jim Bonnie <jbonnie_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 17:32:02 GMT

I have installed Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition on an NT Server 4.0 machine. I can access the Database using PL/SQL so it looks like the install went okay.

I then installed the latest Oracle Developer and Designer on the same machine.
The Installer made the Developer and Designer install go into a different Oracle Home then the 8i Server.

I can not get the Developer or Designer to access the local 8i Database. It is not clear on how to configure
NET8 or if I even have to. The machine is running stand alone. All software is from tech Net.

Any ideas on how to configure things to get access to the local database from Developer and Designer ?

Thanks, JB Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 12:32:02 CDT