Re: Replication Manager Setup Wizard: Where is it?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:54:20 -0700

Tom

Replication Manager is the GUI interface used to setup, configure and manage replication in Oracle databases. Last time I saw it externally it was on the Enterprise Manager CD. However, if you want to you can still use the PL/SQL packages to configure replication. Each section in the manual should also mention the API calls that are used underneath the GUI tool.

The only information I've seen on replication outside of the manuals is the following:

  1. The 5 day training class offered by Oracle Education - search on http://education.oracle.com for this.
  2. The Replication Special Interest Group - see the link off http://www.oracle.com/database/replication/ for more details
  3. More general replication information in books such as Marie Buretta's "Data Replication" book (ISBN 0-471-15754-6, more DB/2 centric than Oracle, and getting quite dated now - from memory still 7.3).

HTH. Pete