Oracle classes/courses for Sybase DBA

From: <zen_nj_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 16:52:00 GMT

Hi

Our company is moving to Oracle and I need to know whether anyone has gone through the same process and have taken some good courses/classes for Oracle. I've been told that the fundamentals are pretty much the same. So my thoughts would be to skip the basic class and move to a more advanced class. Does anyone have recommendation for a specific training center/course title that an experienced Sybase DBA can benefit the most from ?
If there is a course that specifically targets Sybase DBA, that would be great. I am looking for classes that would provide following :

  1. detailed info on the differences/limitation when going from Sybase to Oracle
  2. Basic & advanced Oracle administration (not just for DBA but also touch on some of the Unix level SA tasks)
  3. Advanced stuff like the architecture/internals and something on Oracle replication since we used Sybase replication and were told Oracle replication isn't quite as good.

Zen

thanks.

Zen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 11:52:00 CDT