Re: order of data in array for Pro*C array insert/update

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 18:20:26 +0100

You can get some benefit, but it depends on the number of different indices, and the scattering of the data, and the probability of having to re-read blocks which get flushed from memory.

It's impossible to give an answer without some detailed information about the data.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk