Re: Net 8 Client Binaries for Win 95

From: <gary_n_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 16:17:28 GMT

Yeah I'd like to get my hands on that CD if possible, do you have to purchase it, if so how much ?

I'm looking for the Oracle8 version of SqlPlus and whatever else is included to query and 'remotely' administer the database.

In article <37F4F55E.693F5C2B_at_vnl.nl>,
  Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl> wrote:
> temporalarts_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem. Thus far, all requests for this information
on
> > Oracle newsgroups and on Oracle Technet have been ignored. Isn't
anyone
> > else trying to make a Win95 client talk to there Linux/Unix server?
> >
> > The only answer I have found, from an Oracle tools vendor, is the
only
> > place they know of to get this is the "Oracle 8i EE for NT" CD (not
> > sure of the download). I have this CD and will be trying to install
the
> > 8i Client from it to Win95. I'll let you know if it works.
> >
> > If you get a response from anybody, please post it, or let me know.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Randall J. Parr
> > Temporal Arts
> > 608.833.4578
> >
> > In article <7spe4m$dtv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > gary_n_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if there is a working version of the Oracle8
client
> > for
> > > Windows 95, I've downloaded the one that's listed on Oracle's
technet
> > > webiste and it crashes every time I run the installer, does it
only
> > work
> > > on NT ?
> > >
> > > I really need to get Oracle working asap, at the minute I've tried
> > using
> > > Personal Oracle Lite 2.4.3.1.1 it doesn't connect to the database
on
> > the
> > > Linux box so I'm stuck unitl I can get the Version 8 client stuff.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
>
> AFAIK, there's an Oracle 8 for Windows Client CD. Don't know if it's
> downloadable, tho.
> Are you looking for tools like sql*plus?
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,
>
> Frank van Bortel
> Technical consultant Oracle
>
> Work: Home:
> V&L Informatica BV Hunzestraat 4
> Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede 7555 WB Hengelo
> PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede (31)074-2425046
> 053-4341500

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 11:17:28 CDT