Dead Locks Require Immediate Help

From: janjua <janjua_at_cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 15:13:00 +0100

Hi

   We are facing some serious problems on our production box.

Its a 7.3.2 On RS6000 box AIX Datbase.

  The application is written in ProC and ProCobol. Its has both On line and Batch jobs there are no Stored Procedures.

  The hit Ratio in buffer cache is 95.6 and in Shared Pool area is 95.2.

  Theere are a big number of Deadlocks which are reported by the application(Written in ProC and ProCobol.). Due to these reported dead locks the transactions fail and they have to be resubmitted time and again. We have some problem with application itself also we are ammending it.

  Please can any body advise us what to do . Any of the Parameters in INIT or increasing the intrans and max trans would give us any respit. How to change the intrans and maxtrans and what effect they would have.

 Any help

  Tahking You all in advance.

 Aamer

Email. aamer_janjua_at_hotmail.com Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 09:13:00 CDT