Re: Call unix command in package

From: Mark G <mgumbs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:53:34 +0100

There isn't a direct way of calling unix commands. You can use External_Procedures or a freeware (or is is shareware) package called PLeX.

Alternatively, why don't you let UNIX do the donkey work. Use UTL_FILE to create a batch file containing all your mail commands and message.

e.g
 mail kingkong_at_windycity.com "Tablespace Blonde_Woman Full"  mail kingkong_at_windycity.com "ORA-03132"

and set up a unix cron (or at) to look for this batch file and run it.

Mark