Re: Oracle Application Tunning Tips

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 11:00:17 -0700

KC wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone provide any tips on oracle applications? We encounter severe
> front-end performance problem. After inspection on the DBMS statistics,
> all cache hit ration are normal (9X%) despite some latch timeouts.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Tune apps first. It's quite generic, and does not take in account datadistribution
for your implementation. Depending on versions you have, check for performance
patches. There's one for the V11 client, that alsways sets debugging info, regardless of
what the settings are.
Your rdbms could like spin_count.

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 13:00:17 CDT