Re: migrate db from sql server to oracle

From: Patrick Smith <patricknsmith_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 02:25:00 GMT

I was just the consulting DBA to a group here at our company that went from the sql server release immediately prior to 7.0 to Oracle 8i. They used the Oracle Migration toolkit that is available free from Oracle's Web site. Their are a few minor issues that may require some hands on, but most of the conversion is done for you - including procedures. This conversion is fairly straight forward and relatively simple. Get the migration kit and the docs that are available with it and you should not have too hard a time.