Re: Oracle Session

From: Sanjeev Jain <sanjeev.jain_at_mail.tju.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:08:36 -0400

Roopa,

Yes ofcourse, Oracle keeps good information on sessions. Each connected session is assigned a unique session id. (Though this is not true in case of Multi threaded server ,MTS). You can query v$session view for information.

By default there is no session time out. But you can configure this by defining profiles and resource limit. If you want I can tell you how to implement that.

bye,
sanjeev