K5/ASO problem with 8i "can't find the KDC in the requested REALM"

From: Vince Hickey <vhickey_at_blackhawk.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:57:18 +0000

Hi-

   I am having difficulty getting Kerberos working with Oracle's Advanced Security Option. I am running K5 1.0.6 and 8i with ASO. The problem is that the client "can't find the KDC in the requested REALM" using okinit. MIT's and Reflection X kinit work fine on the client in question.

Thanks

--

  o      Stickman Administrator

<|> System Administration
/ \ Network Engineer

Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

E Pluribus Unix