Re: Database link in Oracle8

From: Christ Follower <christ_follower_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:44:45 GMT

It sounds like you've run into the same problem I had. Try to change the GLOBAL_NAME to something other than ORACLE.WORLD and use that as your database link name.

SELECT * FROM GLOBAL_NAME
If it says ORACLE.WORLD, use ALTER DATABASE RENAME GLOBAL_NAME command to change that. This will not change your DB_NAME. It only changes GLOBAL_NAME. (If you manually create the databas and have correct values in INIT.ORA file, the GLOBAL_NAME would have been set correctly.)

After that, use this very same name as your database link name. It works for me. I hope that helps.

In article <37ef75a4.13695427_at_news.uned.es>,   msanchez_at_csi.uned.es (Miguel Sánchez) wrote:
> I have been trying to create a database link for a schema in my
> database. In the creation it doesn't report any error, but when I used
> it the database issues the following message:
>
> "ORA-02085: database link ORAFRODO.WORLD connects to ORACLE.WORLD"
>
> The database link has the same name as the remote service (in
> tnsnames.ora file).
>
> What is wrong in my database configuration?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 30 1999 - 07:44:45 CDT