Re: Access to Oracle (How to)

From: Patrick Hamou <patrick_hamou_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 00:13:19 GMT

use the utility that comes with Oracle 8i I don't remember the exact name, Access migration to Oracle utility (or something like that)
witch will transfer all your actual Access tables to Oracle 8i

For all your Forms and reports you should use Developer/2000 ( Forms, Reports, Graphics etc.. ) witch should have everything you need to "convert" (you have
to rebuilt them) all your actual Access programs... With the new version of Developer (6.0) you can even have Developer Server to convert automatically
all your Developer/2000 Forms, Reports and Graphics to HTML pages and keep all the functionality's
of your Dev/2000 programs (ex : data concurrency, consistency ....)

Patrick Hamou
Oracle DBA
patrickh_at_sympatico.ca