Re: advanced replication

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:47:31 -0700

Steve

All the replication is doing really is replicating the table value. When the remote table is updated to reflect the change that is replicated, the remote index is automatically updated to reflect the change as well. This is done via normal Oracle processing - no difference is caused by the row change being due to replication.

Row id's can easily be different between two different databases. Remember what they reflect - the row #, block # and file #. If a row needs to move to a different block due to an increase in size causing row migration, there may be different blocks on the free list between each database. Hence you can quite easily end up with different row id's for the same row between different databases.

HTH. Pete