Importing from Oracle 7.3 to Oracle 8i

From: <mohotta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:06:50 GMT

We want to export our current Oracle 7.3 database, recreate the objects in another server running Oracle 8i, and import the data into the 8i server.

To better tune my database, I want to change the initial extent, pctfree and pctused settings for various tables. Would that prevent me from successfully importing the data? How identical does the new database have to be to the old?

Alton Chinn
San Francisco Planning Dept

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 15:06:50 CDT