Renaming master table of a snapshot

From: Mike Glasser <mglasser_at_accmail.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:15:32 -0400

I am attempting to rename a table that is replicated to another site. When I attempt to do this, I get Oracle error 26563.

$ oerr ora 26563
26563, 00000, "renaming this table is not allowed"
// *Cause: Attempt to rename a replicated table, an updatable snapshot table

//         or the master table of a snapshot for which a snapshot log has been
//         created.

// *Action: If desired, unregister the replicated table with
// dbms_repcat.drop_master_repobject, or use the recommended // procedure to rename the master table of a snapshot. $

Does anyone know what is the "recommended procedure to rename the master table of a snapshot."? TIA for any help.

--
Mike Glasser

Administrative Computer Center
University of Maryland
mglasser_at_accmail.umd.edu Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 15:15:32 CDT