Re: ORA-04031 Unable to allocate shared memory

From: Anil Kamath <akk_16_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:21:54 GMT

First make sure that the init.ora parameters that control the size of the SGA are set such that the size of the SGA is less than
the size of ur RAM (also take into account shared memory needed for the OS resources).

Also, if u are on the Solaris box, then u need to up the shared memory parameter in the /etc/system configuration file such that the OS will then allow oracle to use the large SGA u are asking for.

-anil

--
Anil Kamath
SmartOnline Inc. (www.smartonline.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 13:21:54 CDT