Re: Is this safe???

From: Chris Forlano <cforlano_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:57:26 +0100

To clarify, what I'm trying to do is create unique id's "across" tables in different schemas.
For example, I want to ensure that the value for the id column in user1.test does not
share any ids in the id column of user2.test.

Additionally, I wish to create unique ids based on a record type. For example, my test
records will have their own unique ids while my package records will have their own unique ids.

Still a case for sequences? Sorry, sequences are new to me.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Forlano