Re: Status of Applications in oas 4.0.7 are "down"

From: Steve <stevek_at_binc.net>
Date: 29 Sep 1999 16:00:55 GMT

In article <7s9ehl$cgq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, stan_herrman_at_my-deja.com says...

>>So why is it that I've downed all my applications using
>> the treeapplet and they
>> do exhibit a red flag but this eventually becomes green
>> again. Is there an
>>automatic restart here?
>>

>I happen to just run across this in the documentation the other day.
>Apparently the flags are red, until it gets used. Now, I haven't
>tested it. But, it seems to jive with my limited experience w/ OAS 4.
>
>For example: The listener WWW will be red, until it processes its
>first hit...
>
>Pretty stupid huh???

I just got back from the OAS Admin class, and if memory serves, the "flag" is red until it (the application) gets a request, which will cause it to start - it will then "die" after the pre-determined time-out time, which is set in the "Application Parameters" cartrige server form. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 11:00:55 CDT