Snapshot Logs - Replicated Environment

From: kimbo <kim.mclachlan_at_bt.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:07:02 +0100

I am trying to run a query which updates a table at a snapshot site within a replicated environment but am repeatedly getting the following error:-

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01631: max # extents (121) reach in table DB.USLOG$_TABLE

I have checked the storage parameters for the snapshot log at the master site
which are set to (initial 500K next 500K maxextents 121 pctincrease 0). According to the Oracle manual, each row within the snapshot log should be 26 bytes
in size and I am trying to update the table with only 200 rows so there should be
enough space. ( I have, in any case, altered the parameters to increase storage but
still get the same error).

The last snapshot refresh was performed immediately prior to attempting the update
and there is a one-to-one correspondence of snapshots and master tables so, as I
understand it, the rows in the snapshot log which have been used in the refresh will
have been purged. In any case, a select count(*) from the snapshot log returns no
rows prior to the update.

I should point out that the Master Site is Oracle 7.3 and the Snapshot Site is Oracle 8
and I am aware of the various compatability issues which this poses. However, the
system has been successfully working for the last few months and to my knowledge,
not changes have been made to the administration setup of either the master db or
the snapshot site db.

Any assistance with this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kim McLachlan Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 10:07:02 CDT