Re: How to start 2 listeners on 1 UNIX machine with 2 network cards (i.e. 2 IP addresses) ?

From: Ralph Ganszky <ganszky_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:26:46 GMT

Hi Nelson,

You have two choices. First You can enable routing to the other subnet. Second You can add an address entry to the address_list of the listener. If You don't want to activate routing, You have to choose the second alternative.

There should be an entry (ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=...)) There You should put a new ADDRESS entry like this one: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(Host=<new ip address or hostname>)(Port=<port>))

Best Regards

Ralph Ganszky

In article <37f1cdc1.7339029_at_news.glink.net.hk>,   len_at_hotmail.com (Nelson Mak) wrote:
> Our RS/6000 running Oracle 8.0.5.1 originally have 1 network card and
> 1 IP address. We have the listener running fine.
>
> However now we have added 1 more network card (connecting a different
> network) to the machine and we cannot get the PC on the new network to
> connect to Oracle.
>
> I suspected that we need to start another listener listening to the
> new IP address.
>
> How can I do that ?
>
> Thanks,
> Nelson Mak

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 09:26:46 CDT