oracle- raw device vs file system

From: <raju_pillai_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:54:59 GMT

I am pretty new to Oracle DBA field. I just finished installing ORACLE on AIX. Now I am ready to create database. Some are saying to create the databse in File System, but some are saying to create it in Raw device system. Anybody have any recommendations. What are the pros and cons of each system.

One more question, a consultant is supposed to come and install couple of user software which will access the Oracle on Unix. He gave me a call yesterday, and asked me whether the Oracle Client is ready in a NT machine. What does Oracle Client mean ? Does he mean Net8,sql Net, or Oracle on NT ?

Thanks in advance...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 06:54:59 CDT