DELETE based on ROWID

From: <marc_shewring_at_email.mobil.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:58:07 GMT

G'day,

I wish to delete from a table using a list of rowid's stored in another table.

Can someone give me some pointers on this as whenever i do something like:

delete from surf where rowid in (select surf_rowid from surf_rows_to_delete);

I get a strange ora-01578 msg as the db is fit and healthy.

cheers

Marc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 04:58:07 CDT