How to start 2 listeners on 1 UNIX machine with 2 network cards (i.e. 2 IP addresses) ?

From: Nelson Mak <len_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:32:47 GMT

Our RS/6000 running Oracle 8.0.5.1 originally have 1 network card and 1 IP address. We have the listener running fine.

However now we have added 1 more network card (connecting a different network) to the machine and we cannot get the PC on the new network to connect to Oracle.

I suspected that we need to start another listener listening to the new IP address.

How can I do that ?

Thanks,
Nelson Mak Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 03:32:47 CDT