HOWTO create BinaryStream-Results for XML?

From: Thomas Frankewitsch <franket_at_medsnt01.uni-muenster.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:00:34 +0200

Hi all,

just a question I've spent a lot of time...

I want to create a stored procedure which should be a XML result. I've tried this with a java-procedure loaded into the server.

Ther I've found, that Varchr2 is to small :-(, using an Java-Outputstream (registered in PL-SQL as LONG) is also cutted after 4096 chars :-(((((

It shoudl be possibel to do that, because ORDIMG can!

I didn't want to use the web-Server-module which can handle longer outputstreams, I'just want to send back a long, long stream of about 20 KB!

thanks in advance

thoma Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 03:00:34 CDT