Re: Size of oracle background processes

From: Winnie Liu <winnie_liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:55:03 -0700

I'm sorry if I got your message wrong. But what is the problem for the 700MB SGA database to have a combined shared memory usage size of approximately 700MB (which will be shared by all the background oracle processes). If your box is running too slow. Maybe there is too much swapping going on. Increase the swap space or simply decrease the SGA size.

Winnie Liu
DBA
Infonet Services Corporation
mailto:winnie_liu_at_infonet.com