Oracle on Linux not installing

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_ayuda.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:40:04 -0700

I'm trying to install Oracle on Linux, and not getting very far. I do all the
prep steps in the Installation document (well, I haven't fixed the SYSV IPC
kernel constants...), and it crashes in the ./runInstaller step. It says it's about
to load the Java runtime, and just dies.

I've tried doing an strace on the internal install/linux/runInstaller, and it seems
to get a SIGSEGV fairly early: just after loading up /lib/libnsl.so.1 This is before any sort of a GUI appears, and before any SYSV IPC operations have been attempted.

I have a Pentium III with 256MB, and plenty of hard drive space (I have created 4 empty ext2 partitons /u01 through /u04 of 2GB each for the install).
I've got the blackdown 1.1.6 v5 JRE linked to /usr/local/jre, and I don't know
what else to look at.

This is all running on Caldera's OpenLinux 2.2 with all modules installed,
with very little else done to it, because I put OL on this machine just for this
project.

Anyone with a clue, please reply.

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kevin_at_ayuda.com At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 18:40:04 CDT