Re: Kernel eating 50-80% of CPU (oracle server)

From: Charles Hansis <chansis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:16:41 -0400

When you ran the top command, which area was taking up most of the processor time: user, system, nice .... I know that if the system goes up substantially and the %free goes down, that can point at some disk binding. Also, can you target the exact processes that are dragging your system down?

Jim H.