Web Toolkit 4.0.7.1 Problem Resolved

From: Milo Remington <Milo_at_Netway.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 01:31:37 GMT

I was having a problem changing the mime type using the owa_util.mime_header procedure and couldn't figure out what the problem was. I even contacted Oracle Tech support. Finally I did a re-read of the developers documentation for OAS 4.0.7.1 and saw mention that permissions for the owa_content package were not automatically granted to all in the install. Although it was not specifically mentioned I thought that this might be my problem. As soon as I got execute permissions my mime change worked fine.

I suggest that Oracle stress in their documentation that mime changes are not possible without permissions for owa_content and that they train their tech support people better.

"Let us pass over the river, and rest

   Under the shade of the trees." Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 20:31:37 CDT