VB App. using ODBC and Oracle8 Password Expiration

From: Tim Lange <tim.lange_at_abbott.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:30:21 -0500

Has anyone used a Visual Basic front-end application with ODBC and gone against an Oracle8 database where password aging and expiration is being used? I am the DBA, (not the VB person), and am trying to find the right combination of items that would make the "ORA-28002 - Your password will expire in 'n' days" message come through to the VB application. The VB application could then allow the user to change their password.
Oracle ODBC support has mentioned checking the SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO condition, instead of only referencing SQL_SUCCESS, but it's somewhat unknown if these conditions are appropriate in a VB environment.

If you have been successful doing this, I would sure like to hear from you.
Thanks,
Tim

My environment is:

    Oracle 8.0.5 on Digital UNIX
    Net8 on the server
    Windows NT 4.0 Client
    Oracle ODBC 2.5.3.1.6
    SQL*Net 2.3.4 on the Client
    Visual Basic5? (I think) Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 13:30:21 CDT