Re: advanced replication

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:16:10 -0700

Steve

I assume you're using the replication procedures to transfer the ddl to do this. If so, then all that's transferred is the DDL statement itself, which then executes at the remote site. Since it's almost certain that rowids etc. will be different between the databases, it not only doesn't make sense to transfer the index itself, it also won't work.

Speed should be the same in either case, and the index is kept updated remotely by the index itself, not by transferring the index entry and the table entry via replication.

HTH. Pete