Re: Oracle on Linux(Suse 6.1) cant install

From: Kovacs Richard <krichard_at_buga.csoma.elte.hu>
Date: 28 Sep 1999 16:17:19 GMT

Hi!

To get you right.
Oracle 8 is designed for glibc 2.0, anbd is not really able to run under 2.1.
thatis why a patch has been released for it, which is downloadable from the ftp.oracle.com site.
Look for glibcpatch.tgz.
install without creating the database and then apply the patch then create the databases..

If you run into any errors please email me I'll send you step-by-step instructions..

--
Ritschie

To reach me in contention with CelineHTML please send e-mails to: krichard_at_celinehtml.dhs.org

CelineHTML
http://celinehtml.dhs.org Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 11:17:19 CDT