Re: More Oracle8i woes

From: Klaus Born <KlausBorn_at_caps.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:07:18 +0200

Hi,
maybe you had missed some of the pre-install instructions. You need to set some parameters for Sharedmem, Semaphores and recompile the kernel after this.
The files are in /usr/src/linux/asm/shmparam.h and /usr/src/linux/include/sem.h
in the Suse Distribution.
YOU MUST ALWAYS RECOMPILE THE KERNEL and REBOOT AFTER CHANGING those settings.
See also the HTML Doc on the install CD. Klaus