Re: Oracle on Linux(Suse 6.1) cant install

From: Stefano De Cesari <decesari_at_csr.unibo.it>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:20:19 +0200

Klaus Born wrote:

> Hi,
> i had succesfully going through the pre-installation steps. But when i try
> to start the installation
> with "./runInstaller" i got the message (german:Speicherzuordnungsfehler)
> "memory allocation error".
> Dont know i allocation is the right word in english.
> I had install the JRE engine from the SUSE 6.1 CD. Version 1.1.7
> Before that i had downloaded the 1.1.6v5 version. But with the same result.
> Any suggestions?

If you made all the right steps as noted on the Oracle8i documentation (and you don't have a JDK installed with CLASSPATH variable set) you can try to change directory to /install/linux That run runIns.sh

If it doesn't work that way, it could be your CD is damaged.

-Stefano Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 06:20:19 CDT