Re: dbms_job... Can i Stop it during a time interval ???

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 06:16:16 -0400

In article <37EF93D2.99562C57_at_mediaplanning.com>, Eduardo Yanes <eyanes_at_mediaplanning.com> writes
>Hello.
>
>One of our application uses dbms_job to schedule tasks.
>
>The problem is ..... Some jobs are submitted at massive job intervals
>using a bug in the "black box" application that uses this package (
>dbms_job ).
>
>Should i stop the ora_snpX_SID process for a time interval ?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Eduardo Yanes.
>
>PD: Now we export the dbms_job table, kill the ora_snmpX_SId
>processes... delete it... and at 21:00 import the table....
You have a third-party application that is creating 'bad' intervals when submitting jobs?

Have you tried using the dbms_job.interval and dbms_job.next_date, etc. procedures to correct the submitted jobs?

Andy
--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request