More Oracle8i woes

From: Tom Condon <tcondon_at_condon.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:10:29 -0700

I am still trying to get things working with Oracle8i. I have applied the patches and tried to run the installation files by hand.

Every time dbstart is called i get the following error messages:

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

(c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.1 - Production With the Partitioning and Java options
PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

SVRMGR> Connected.
SVRMGR> ORA-27102: out of memory
Linux Error: 22: Invalid argument
SVRMGR>
Server Manager complete.

Database "scrb" warm started.

The funny thing is that I am running this on a machine that has 1Gig of Memory.

Any ideas of where I am going wrong?

--
Thomas P. Condon
Condon Consulting Services, Inc.