lost connections (?!?)

From: dAVIDE <diesse_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:08:49 +0200

Hi all!
We've got a very tricky problem with oracle 7.3 (novell server) with the connections made by win 3.11 users. Sometimes, when users left pc inactive for quite a while (some minutes), when they try to do a new operation they lose the connection, the system gives an odbc error 3146 (lost connection). The problem is that we have a record lock active that remains on, so the resource is then unavailable.
The problem doesn't appear on NT machine, so the problems seem to be on the net (novell-spx) or on the pc.
What do you advice to investigate to find the problem?

In august when most of the users are in holiday we don't have so many of this problem.
Is there any method to bypass or to make the connection more reliable?

thanks in advice
dAVIDE
diesse_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 04:08:49 CDT