Re: sql*plus connect times

From: Neil C <btsscrth_at_bt.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:09:34 +0100

Your problem could be due to Oracle Trace. Oracle Trace was introduced in Oracle7 release: 7.3.2.1
It is enabled by default (when installed) in 7.3.2 onwards. To disable this function, there are several things you can do :-

  1. Set EPC_DISABLED=TRUE for SQL*Net connections by modifying the 'SID_LIST_listener' clause in the listener.ora' file and add: (ENVS='EPC_DISABLED=TRUE') to the SID_DESC for each 7.3 database. Add the entry AFTER the (ORACLE_HOME=...) clause.
          Eg:             SID_LIST_LISTENER=
                                    (SID_LIST=
                                    (SID_DESC=(SID_NAME=DB1)

(ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/OFA_base/app/oracle/product/7.3.2)
                                    (ENVS='EPC_DISABLED=TRUE')  ) )

Restart the listener.

2) To disable Oracle Trace for a particular session set the environment variable EPC_DISABLED to TRUE.

     Eg: In a Bourne script: EPC_DISABLED=TRUE; export EPC_DISABLED

3) If you do not want any trace file output, (i.e No tracing at all) then shutdown all database and listeners. Remocve the files :- $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin/*.dat then restart the listeners and database.

HTH NeilC

<7shaif$q6d$1_at_birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...