Re: Net 8 Client Binaries for Win 95

From: <gary_n_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:31:24 GMT

In article <7spe4m$dtv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   gary_n_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a working version of the Oracle8 client
for
> Windows 95, I've downloaded the one that's listed on Oracle's technet
> webiste and it crashes every time I run the installer, does it only
work
> on NT ?
>
> I really need to get Oracle working asap, at the minute I've tried
using
> Personal Oracle Lite 2.4.3.1.1 it doesn't connect to the database on
the
> Linux box so I'm stuck unitl I can get the Version 8 client stuff.
>
> Thanks

Update to my earlier question, I managed to get Personal Oracle Lite on 95 to talk to the db on Linux in SQLPlus 3.3. It seems to take at least 60 seconds to establish the connection and for the SQL prompt to appear.  When I telnet or ftp into the linux box I get an instant respons so is there a listener delay or some other sort of timing issue I need to be aware of?

PS I would still like to get the Oracle8 binaries for Win 95 client if anyone knows where a 'working' version may be found.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 23:31:24 CDT