Re: PL/SQL Problem - Urgent

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:50:12 -0500

The checkbox returns null if it is not checked. You could assign the cvalue to the be actual day of the week. If it is checked then that string is returned.

As an example the following package ran under the schema "frank" in a WebDB environment and attempts to illustrate one solution:

create or replace package j
is

   procedure firstpage;

   procedure secondpage(monday    in varchar2 default null,
                        tuesday   in varchar2 default null,
                        wednesday in varchar2 default null,
                        thursday  in varchar2 default null,
                        friday    in varchar2 default null,
                        saturday  in varchar2 default null,
                        sunday    in varchar2 default null,
                        submit    in varchar2 default null);
end;
/
show errors

create or replace package body j
is

   checked_string constant varchar2(10) := 'checked';    action_page constant varchar2(50) := 'frank.j.secondpage';    procedure firstpage
   is

      procedure dayprint(p_value   in varchar2,
                         p_checked in varchar2 default null)
      is
      begin
         htp.tablerowopen;
         htp.tabledata(p_value);
         htp.tabledata(htf.formcheckbox(p_value,p_value,p_checked));
         htp.tablerowclose;
      end;
   begin
      htp.htmlopen;
      htp.bodyopen;
      htp.formopen(action_page);
      htp.tableopen;
      dayprint('Monday',checked_string);
      dayprint('Tuesday');
      dayprint('Wednesday');
      dayprint('Thursday');
      dayprint('Friday');
      dayprint('Saturday');
      dayprint('Sunday');
      htp.tableclose;
      htp.formsubmit('Submit','Submit');
      htp.formclose;
      htp.bodyclose;
      htp.htmlclose;

   end;
   procedure secondpage(monday    in varchar2 default null,
                        tuesday   in varchar2 default null,
                        wednesday in varchar2 default null,
                        thursday  in varchar2 default null,
                        friday    in varchar2 default null,
                        saturday  in varchar2 default null,
                        sunday    in varchar2 default null,
                        submit    in varchar2 default null)
   is
      procedure youchose (p_when in varchar2)
      is
      begin
         htp.p('You selected ' || p_when || htf.br);
      end;
   begin
      htp.htmlopen;
      htp.bodyopen;
      if monday is not null then youchose(monday); end if;
      if tuesday is not null then youchose(tuesday); end if;
      if wednesday is not null then youchose(wednesday); end if;
      if thursday is not null then youchose(thursday); end if;
      if friday is not null then youchose(friday); end if;
      if saturday is not null then youchose(saturday); end if;
      if sunday is not null then youchose(sunday); end if;
      htp.bodyclose;
      htp.htmlclose;

   end;
end;