PL/SQL package problem

From: <d_a_p_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:46:23 GMT

I have a PL/SQL package which loads a fact table in a large partitioned warehouse. The package runs fine until we try to run more than one copy of it - it fails with an ORA-04068 error (existing state of packages has been discarded) after sitting stalled for a long period of time (over an hour).

The two concurrent copies are not in contention for the same rows of the table - they are operating on specific regional data and the table is partitioned. I'm baffled as to why the package goes invalid when we try to run it in more than one simultaneous user processes.

Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 13:46:23 CDT