Microsoft Oracle Driver on NT

From: <vince_at_1dataway.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:37:59 GMT

Hello!

I've got an Oracle8i Enterprise Edition database installed on a Win NT 4.0 server. I am able to connect from Windows 9x clients with no problem using either the Oracle or Microsoft ODBC drivers. I am also able to connect to the database with no problem from the server using the Oracle ODBC driver. However, when I try to connect from the server using the Microsoft driver, I get the following two messages:

SQLState NA000
Native Error Code:0

Can anyone tell me why the Microsoft ODBC driver wouldn't work when the Oracle driver works fine? By the way, I should note that both the client and servers are using the following ODBC drivers:

Microsoft ODBC for Oracle version 2.573.4202.00 Oracle ODBC Driver 8.01.05.00

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Vince

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 15:37:59 CDT