Maximum fetch in a cursor

From: <sxbktm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:01:06 GMT

Hi,

I am a newbie in PL/SQL so please bear with me. What is the best way to fetch rows into a cursor. I have declared only one cursor that should theoretically fetch about a million rows into a cursor. Is that feasible.

The reason I need to fetch all these rows is so that I can use some logic inside the loop. It essentially should update a column of a table based on the logic on some other columns. This works fine in a 1000 rows test data. But when I use this program for a million rows it says:

DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error ORA-06512: at line 26

How do people normally update a column if they have to manipulate lots of values in the other columns.

I can post the code if you are interested.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 14:01:06 CDT