Re: NT Database Instance Recreation

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 21:02:57 -0400

Hi:

  1. Backup your registry periodically (as well as everything else). There is simply no excuse for not having a valid backup. You can manually "backup" the registry by using regedit to export the registry, then copy this file off to tape or another server.
  2. Like most data, if you registry entries are gone and were not backed up, then they're, well, gone. You'll have to reinstall the Oracle software. Be careful to not overwrite your existing database files while you do this (hint: get a backup first...)

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original modern rock? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult