Re: Data Warehouse Backups

From: Mike Vergara <mvergara_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 10:06:09 -0700

Kugendran Naidoo wrote in message <37E9DEE2.AAB88996_at_absa.co.za>... (snipped)
>What's your planned architecture and configuration. Trust me, its
>important. Also the Oracle version is important too. Parallel Server
>has some bugs in certain releases and we've had our fair share too.

Our setup is an SGI Origin 2000, 4 CPU, 4GB RAM, DG (now EMC) CLARiiON Fibre-Channel RAID for disks, Legato Networker is the backup tool, running to
an ADIC Scalar 1000 tape jukebox with 6 Sony AIT-2 drives, Oracle version 8.1.5 (8i). By the latest estimates, it will take about three years before we peak
at 700GB of storage.

Thanx,
Mike Received on Sun Sep 26 1999 - 12:06:09 CDT