Re: Multiple Homes and Connection Problems in 8i

From: Charles Hansis <chansis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:15:52 -0400

The problems is that there is a tnsnames file in the new home that doesn't know about the services names in the tnsnames file in sqlplus. Copy the tnsnames file in your Oracle home over the top of the tnsnames in OEM home directory, make a copy first though, and it should take care of the problem.

C. Hansis

Craig Cassata <ccassata_at_home.com> wrote in message news:kXiH3.8887$sK1.24392_at_news.rdc1.il.home.com...
> I've installed Oracle 8i on NT in the DEFAULT_HOME directory and now I've
> installed the Enterprise Manager software in a different HOME directory as
> directed by the Universal Installer program. The problem that I'm having
is
> that all the programs (Schema Manager, Instance Manager, etc) will not
> connect to the main instance (It says the SERVICE_NAME can not be found)
BUT