Re: Problem importing file over 2Gb...

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:47:17 +0800

Maria Nordfeldt wrote:

> Hi,
> I have problem importing an export-file that is 20 Gb large.
> I'm running IBM AIX 4.3 with Oracle 7.3.4.4. The file is stored
> on a "Large Enabled Filesystem".
> I got ORA-00021 message. "Cannot read file....".
>
> I can read the file with the cat-command or more-command.
>
> I've exported the file on a Digital Unix machine, with the same
> Oracle release.
>
> Has anyone run in to this problem before....
>
> /Maria

See Thomas's post...One thing he omits is that you can sometimes avoid the 2G limit by compressing the file as its exported (using the pipe method as Thomas posted) and then using zcat (instead of cat) when importing through the pipe...

So for export:

mknod exp_pipe p
cat exp_pipe | compress > expdat.dmp.Z & exp file=exp_pipe

and for the import

mknod imp_pipe p
zcat expdat.dmp.Z > expdat.dmp.Z &
imp file=imp_pipe

--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Sat Sep 25 1999 - 05:47:17 CDT