Re: [Fwd: Internal Programming Error when creating a view]

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:09:40 -0400

A copy of this was sent to John Reynolds <reynoldj_at_dyncorp.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:11:13 -0400, you wrote:

>I am creating a large view that contains maybe 15 subquerys. When I run
>it as a select statement, it runs fine and returns the results I want.
>When I run it as a
>create or replace view statement, I get the message, "Internal
>Programming Error".
>This is Oracle 8, not 8i that I am running. Has anyone run across this,
>or have any ideas? Thanks in advance

lets see the view definition and a cut and paste of the sqlplus session you are running when creating this view.

I've not seen an error message "internal programming error" come out of the database before.

need more information -- the query, the cut and paste showing the total error message, the platform, and any other information we might find useful (eg: if you are not using sqlplus to run the create view -- tell us what environment you are using to create the view and so on)

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Sep 25 1999 - 08:09:40 CDT